Islamabad United (ISLU) is a Pakistani professional Twenty20 franchise cricket team that competes in Pakistan Super League. The team was formed in 2015 as a result of the formation of the Pakistan Super League by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). The franchise is owned by Leonine Global Investments through its sports entity, Leonine Global Sports.
The team is currently captained by Pakistan’s most successful test captain Misbah-ul-Haq and coached by former Australian player Dean Jones while the former Pakistani fast bowler Waqar Younis is the director of the team and Saeed Ajmal as the spin bowling coach.
Leonine Global Sports, as the owner of Islamabad United, has a mission to create a franchise which provides :
- A truly global experience on sports entertainment
- A fan base which is loyal, aware and supportive of the sport and the franchise
- An aspirational beacon for up and coming players to strive for excellence in cricket for Pakistan in particular and for the world at large
- An eco-system for the promotion of cricket in particular, and sports in general, in Pakistan through close partnership with PCB
- A truly professionally-run organization with exceptional standards of corporate governance and international best practices
- Promotion of Pakistan through sports and involvement of internationally known figures into Pakistan
- A responsible member on CSR
The company has brought together a team with an unparalleled wealth of expertise in sports, marketing and financial management in order to develop and operate a world class entity.